- Can I pre-register for the conference?
- Can I just attend a performance without registering for the whole conference?
- I am the parent of a student who is performing at the conference. Do I need to register to attend my child’s concert?
- Can I get a receipt of my registration payment?
- What if I need to cancel?
- I can no longer make it to the conference. Do you accept substitutions?
- Are meals included in the cost of registration?
- Where should I stay?
- Where do I pick up my registration materials when I get to Grand Rapids?
- Directors of Performing Groups
- Where should I park?
- Where can I find breakfast, lunch and dinner in the area?
- What is the expected attendance for the Conference?
- What is there to do in the area when I’m not at the conference?
- What all is included if I am an exhibitor?
- Is there a dress code?
- How do I purchase a recording of a Michigan Music Conference concert?
- Will there be photographs taken of the performances? How can I order a photo of my concert?
- How do I apply to be a presenter for the Conference?
- What are the dates of the Conference?
- Can I sign up now to be an exhibitor at the Conference?
- What are the dates and locations of future conference?
Can I pre-register for the conference?
Pre-registration is available online only and can be paid by credit card, check or PO. Onsite registration is also available, but online pre-registration is highly encouraged to expedite the registration process onsite.
If you pay by check or PO, please note that your registration will be marked as inactive until we receive payment. When you mail your payment, please ensure the check has the registrant name and registration record number so we can accurately process your payment. All payments without name or registration record number will be returned.
Can I just attend a performance without registering for the whole conference?
Yes, please visit the Concert Tickets Only page to order just concert tickets. All performance tickets are $10 each. Children under 5 years of age are $5.
- No, you do not need to register to see your student/child performance.Each student performer will receive two complimentary concert tickets to just their performance.
- If you would like to see other performances, you must purchase additional tickets. Performance tickets allow you entry into the Exhibitor Trade Show on the day of the performance.
- Please contact your student's performance director for information on your complimentary tickets.
- If you want to attend any of the conference sessions, then you will be required to "register to attend the conference."
Can I get a receipt of my registration payment?
You will receive a registration receipt via email once you submit your registration online. If you lost the original receipt, please email the MMC office at Registration@MichiganMusicConference.org.
Where should I stay?
All conference registrants are responsible for their conference travel and hotel arrangements. The Amway Grand Plaza Hotel is the official hotel of the Michigan Music Conference. We also have rooms blocked at the JW Marriott, Marriott Courtyard, and Holiday Inn Downtown. Be sure to mention you are an attendee of the MMC when you make your reservations. The rooms fill up quickly so be sure to make your reservations early!
- Pre-Registered Attendee
- On-Site Registration
- Presenters & Presiders
- Performing Groups
- Demo Groups
- Pre-Registered Attendees:Please go to registration in Welsh Lobby of DeVos Place to receive your registration packet.
- On-Site Registration: Please go to registration in Welsh Lobby of DeVos Place to process your registration & payment.
- Presenters & Presiders are all required to register to attend the conference, please stop at Welsh Lobby for your pre-registration packet or to register on-site.
- Performance Directors:You must stop at the Director Will Call in Welsh Lobby to pick up your packet of badges for your performing group.
- Demo Groups: The Session Presenters of the invited Demo Group are responsible for picking up their Demo group badges at registration in Welsh Lobby.The presenter is required to meet their own Demo Group, provide them their badges and instruct them to the Session Room.
Directors of Performing Groups
It is strongly urged that all Performing Group Directors read and print the email letter which will be sent to them in June/July from the Michigan Music Conference Conference Manager. It is extremely important that you are very familiar with the contents of the 7 page letter, as it provides all the information which you need to know regarding your groups programs, badge pickup, performance tickets, student & equipment drop off, bus parking information, hotel, catering and maps.
It is not feasible for you to be calling for this information when you arrive on �site.
If you are student with a performance group, please contact your director for instructions on where to go upon arrival in Grand Rapids.
Where should I park?
Click here to view the downtown Grand Rapids parking map.
Where can I find breakfast, lunch and dinner in the area?
There will be a concession stand open in the Exhibit Hall during the open hours, serving food like hot dogs, warm pretzels and pizza. There are also a variety of dining options within the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel. Here is a guide to downtown Grand Rapids dining. There will be a concession stand outside of the Exhibit Hall during the open hall hours, serving food like hot dogs, warm pretzels and pizza.
What is the expected attendance for the Conference?
We are expecting more than 2500 attendees. This anticipated registration number does not include the many exhibitors, speakers, performers, parents, staff, and volunteers.
What is there to do in the area when I’m not at the conference?
Please visit the Experience Grand Rapids for a thorough listing of events in the downtown area.
What is included if I am an exhibitor?
Exhibitor registration is $600 for a regular booth, $725 for a premium booth. All exhibit booths include: 10’ x 10’ exhibit, one 8’ covered and skirted table, complete skirting and
draping (8’ H back, 3’ H sides) of the booth, two chairs, one wastebasket, one booth identification sign, carpet, and 5 exhibitor name badges (additional badges are $75.00 each). Premium booths are highly visible, corner or end cap booths.
Is there a dress code?
There is no dress code, but casual and professional dress is welcome. Be sure to wear clothes and shoes that are comfortable and be prepared for cold Michigan January weather. Meeting rooms also tend to be on the cooler side – bring a sweater or jacket.
How do I purchase a recording of a Michigan Music Conference concert?
Soundwaves Recording is our exclusive audio and video recording company. In addition to order forms in onsite program, you can purchase recordings online after the conference from the MMC Web site.
Will there be photographs taken of the performances? How can I order a photo of my concert?
Yes, Paul Streelman Photography will again be taking photos of the performances. Check our web site after the conference to place your order. There will also be a booth at the conference where you can place your photo order.
How do I apply to be a presenter for the Conference?
Visit www.MichiganMusicConference.org to view and submit your proposal application online.
What are the dates of the 2019 Conference?
January 24-26, 2019
Can I sign up now to be an exhibitor at the 2019 Conference?
Please contact Erin McLaughlin at email@example.com
- January 24-26, 2019
- January 23-25, 2020
Coming in September!
Educator Letter to Administrators
A request to attend the Michigan Music Conference letter template for educators.
2019 Michigan Music Conference
January 24-26, 2019
Session Proposal Application Opens
Session Proposal Application Closes
Session Acceptance Emailed to Presenters
Online Registration is Open
Early Bird Registration Deadline
2020 Michigan Music Conference
January 23-25, 2020